Bushwalking and The Heysen Trail
- Pack a Prairie lunch, drive to Wilpena Pound in the Flinders Ranges National Park and take one of the walking trails to St Mary's Peak
- Take a walk around the historic mining town of Blinman
- Walk through the Parachilna Gorge to the Blinman Pools waterfall – one of the best walks in the area
- Stroll a section of the famous Heysen Trail
- Find a secluded waterhole in Brachina Gorge for a swim during a mild winter or hot summer day
- Enjoy a spectacular sunset with your feral antipasto and chilled champagne or perhaps Fargher Lager, packed by the Prairie kitchen
Maps and Flinders Ranges Walks booklets available from the Hotel.
Cycling and The Mawson Trail
The Mawson Trail had been designed for mountain bike or sturdy touring bikes running a distance of almost 900km from Blinman to Adelaide. Difficulty ratings span from Easy to Moderate to Difficult sections. For further information and maps contact Bicycle SA.
With your own mountain bike or a hired set of wheels and a good level of fitness, you can tackle mountains and cruise along flat desert roads at a gentler pace. It’s a great way to see the countryside. Bike hire available from Rawnsley Park Station.For those travelling by road on bikes, call in on your way down the bitumen for a momentary or overnight respite.